A Wolf fell in love with a Spider.
To prove his love for her, he built a house over her web to protect both her and her creation from the harsh elements.
The Spider saw what he had done. While she was flattered by his gesture, she was also confused and skeptical.
“Why would a Wolf want to build a house over my web?” she wondered.
Curious, she went to find him.
“Why did you build a house over my web?” she asked.
“To protect you and your web from the elements,” the Wolf replied.
“But why?” she asked again.
“Because I am in love with you,” the Wolf answered.
The Spider was shocked and puzzled.
A Wolf in love with a Spider?
“But we are two different species. You are a Canis lupus, and I am an Arachnid,” she said.
“So what?” the Wolf replied. “Can a Wolf not have feelings for another living being simply because we are different species?”
The Spider paused, considering his words.
“You make a good point. But what is it about me that caused you to fall in love with me?” she asked. “Keep in mind, I am poisonous. I trap other living beings in my web and feed on them.”
“So?” said the Wolf. “I am a hunter. I hunt other living beings and feed on them as well.”
The Wolf looked at her web and smiled.
“But I must confess something. When I first saw your web, I found it incredibly beautiful. You create it with such care, patience, and creativity. It fascinated me. It made me realize that, despite what you are, deep down you have a heart that cares about things.”
The Spider began to tear up.
Somehow, she felt the sincerity behind the Wolf's words. She knew he was not trying to flatter her or deceive her. He truly saw her.
For the first time, she wondered...
Perhaps she could open her heart to him.
“You know that we can never have children,” she said softly.
“I know,” the Wolf answered, “but I didn’t fall in love with you to gain a family. I fell in love with you. Everything else is a blessing, not a requirement.”
“Also my friends are my family, and they will welcome you as their own.” he added.
The Spider looked at him carefully.
“I must warn you. My family may look at you with suspicion and confusion. After all, you are a Wolf, and I am a Spider.”
The Wolf smiled as he carefully approached her. He gently nuzzled her with his nose.
“I am not worried about that. I believe that once they get to know me and see how much I genuinely care for you and love you, everything will be fine.”
His voice gave her the reassurance she needed.
“One more question,” the Spider said.
“Of course,” the Wolf replied.
“This house that you built over my web... this is our home, correct?” she asked.
The Wolf smiled.
“Yes, my lovely Spider. This is our home.”
The Spider smiled and gently touched the Wolf's nose with one of her eight legs.
The Wolf's friends—a family of Bears—met the Spider, and just as he had promised, they immediately accepted her. The Mother Bear gave her blessing to the Wolf and Spider's union.
When it was time for the Spider's family to meet the Wolf, things happened exactly as she had predicted. They viewed him with suspicion.
However, after learning that the Wolf had built the house to protect her and her web from the elements, their doubts began to fade. The Wolf then made a vow to the Spider's family.
“I will always love and protect her. I will honor her and cherish the bond we share.”
The Spider's family saw the sincerity in his words and felt the love he carried in his heart. In time, they gave their blessing.
The Wolf moved into the house with the Spider.
He watched as she decorated their home with her webs, each one a different design and pattern, each one a reflection of her creativity. The Wolf decorated their home with leaves and twigs, and the Spider greatly appreciated the effort he put into making their home beautiful.
At night, the Wolf and the Spider would sit together by the window and marvel at the night sky. The stars twinkled above them, and the moon shone brightly.
The Spider turned to the Wolf.
“I never thought there would be a creature who would want me and love me exactly as I am. I thought perhaps only another Spider could understand me. But you have shown me that love does not see species. It sees the heart.”
The Wolf smiled.
“My lovely Spider, love is the one thing that can always bridge the gap, no matter the species.”
The Wolf gently nuzzled the Spider, and she lightly touched his nose with one of her legs.
Together, they looked at the moon and gave thanks for finding one another.
The End
No comments:
Post a Comment